No public input was given.
Today was a day of bids. Personnel from Weld County’s Purchasing office came forward and took both their seats at the table in front of the Commissioners’ stand. The Purchasing office was presenting 13 bids and seeking approval of 1 other bid.
The bid the Purchasing office was looking to have approved was with U.S. Engineering Company for $54,500. The money would go towards Weld County’s Department of Buildings and Grounds to pay for a rooftop unit replacement project on the Island Grove Extension. This bid was approved by a 5-0 vote.
The remaining 13 bids were all still up for review by either the Department of Public Works or the Department of Buildings and Grounds. The Purchasing office said they’ll be at the September 5th Board of County Commissioners meeting to further evaluate the 13 bids mentioned.
The 13 bids discussed today and to be discussed September 5th are as follows:
1. Roof replacement on Centennial Center Complex—4 received bids are up for review
2. Two grader mounted road stabilizers/reclaimers—1 received bid is up for review
3. Five tandem axle truck tractors—3 received bids are up for review
4. Five tandem axle tank trailers with dust palliative spray system—2 received bids are up for review
5. Single drum vibratory roller—3 received bids are up for review
6. Two 29-ton pneumatic rollers—3 received bids are up for review
7. Tandem truck with plow—1 received bid is up for review
8. Crew cab 4X4-flatbed dual wheel vehicle—4 received bids are up for review
9. Tandem axle dump truck with sander and plow wing—1 received bid is up for review
10. Four ¾-ton 4X4 full size pickup, long bed, extended cab—6 received bids are up for review
11. Three-quarter ton 4X4 full size pickup, short bed, extended cab with V-plow—3 received bids are up for review
12. Tandem truck with sander and plow and wing—1 received bid is up for review
13. Four, 36-month leased motorgraders—2 received bids are up for review
It was said, with the exception of #2, that in the case of those with only one bid (#7, 9 and 12) the reason was due to multiple vendors not being able to meet specifications or requirements.
Business was slow today as only one item was up for consideration. County Road (CR) 54 needs to have a bridge redocked between CR 43 and CR 45. In order to do so, CR 54 will need to be closed off at CR 43 and CR 45 from September 4th through September 14th.
Vote was then taken, and the consideration passed 5-0.